Now part of the City University of New York (The City University of New York), Photonics at Queens College offers a rigorous education in the liberal arts and sciences under the guidance of a faculty dedicated to both teaching and research. Students graduate with the ability to think critically, address complex problems, explore various cultures, and use modern technologies and information resources.
Located in a residential area of Flushing in the borough of Queens—America’s most ethnically diverse county—the college has students from more than 150 nations. A member of Phi Beta Kappa, Queens College is consistently ranked among the leading institutions in the nation for the quality of its academic programs and student achievement. Recognized as one of the most affordable public colleges in the country, Queens College offers a first-rate education to talented people of all backgrounds and financial means.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Members of the department are engaged in experimental and theoretical research in such fields as light propagation, localization and emission in photonic periodic, quasiperiodic and disordered materials, including random lasers;
- Optical microresonators and their applications in sensing, optical logic elements, and new types of lasers, optics and magneto-optics of semiconductor nanostructures such as quantum dots, quantum wires and quantum wells;
- Photonic nanostructures for biosensing and solar cell applications; application of methods of condensed matter physics to biophysical problems, and nanoelectromechanical systems.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPhysics View 390 other Masters in Physics in United States
- All candidates must have the bachelor of science, bachelor of arts degrees in physics or their equivalents.
- Consideration for admission will also be given to individuals with bachelor degrees in mathematics, chemistry, electrical engineering, material science, or computer science at the discretion of the Admission Committee.
- All candidates must provide at least two letters of recommendation attesting to their academic abilities, motivation and work ethics.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.