Teacher Leader - Special Education Learning and Behavior Disorders from Murray State University is ideal for you if you want to assume a leadership role within your school but you do not necessarily wish to become an administrator.
Upon completion of the 30-hour program, you will earn a Rank II and teacher leader master’s designation as well as the teacher leader endorsement. This certification is required to take 15 hours of core courses in addition to the 15 hours required for a specialization.
The number of special education teachers is expected to increase by 17 percent from 2008 to 2018, which is faster than the average for all occupations. Although student enrollments in general are expected to grow more slowly than in the past, continued increases in the number of special education students needing services will generate a greater need for special education teachers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Elementary Social Studies Methods
- Elementary Science Methods
- Teaching and Learning Math in Elementary School Grades 3-5
- Mathematics for Middle and Elementary Teachers
- Middle School Writing and Content Literacy
- Middle Level Teaching Strategies
- Advanced Strategies of Teaching in the Middle Grades
- Characteristics of and Strategies for Teaching Students with Mild Disabilities
- Roles and Procedures in Special Education
- Functional Behavior Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 662 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Transcripts for all years of university (with university's grading scale)
- If transcripts are not written in English, you must also submit certified translations
- University Degree OR Graduation Certificate
- If the graduation certificate is not written in English, you must also submit a certified translation
- Proof of Financial Support
- English Language Proficiency
- Copy of Passport for applicant and all dependents
- Letters of Reference
- Statement of Purpose
International800 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 12 months.
National800 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 800 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State375 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 375 USD per credit during 12 months.
National and Local rates apply to Alabama, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Tennessee and Arkansas.
Living costs for Murray
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.