Students in the Latin American Studies program of California State University Los Angeles are allowed to tailor their studies to their interests and professional needs, and provides training in research skills and opportunities to work with community organizations.
The degree affords students a wide range of career opportunities in the U.S. and abroad, including in policy-making and advocacy, the nonprofit sector, research, teaching in community colleges, or pursuing Ph.D. study.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Seminar: Latin American Social Systems
- Interdisciplinary Seminar: Latin American Studies
- Chicana/o Studies and Contemporary Theory
- Seminar: Current Issues in Economic Development
- History of Modern Latin America
- Seminar: History of Mexico
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 909 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must complete the application process for both the university and the program
- One copy of official transcripts to the university admissions office
- Statement of purpose (1-2 pages)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Unofficial transcripts
- A minimum of 15 semester units in upper division Latin American content courses is prerequisite to the program
- Before they may be advanced to candidacy, students must demonstrate written and oral competence in Spanish or Portuguese by passing a foreign language reading examination
International396 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 396 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National396 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 396 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.