Students in the Child Development program of California State University Los Angeles may coordinate degree requirements for the Elementary Subject Matter Credential, Special Education Credentials, or the Early Childhood Special Education Credential Program.
The Department of Child and Family Studies at California State University, Los Angeles offers an MA in Child Development that provides students with a rigorous and individualized course of study. All students take courses that examine various domains in infant and child development, research, risk, resiliency, and family life. Students select elective courses to complement professional interests and goals. The Masters of Arts Degree in Child Development strengthens professional competence and prepares individuals for leadership positions in child and family educational, pediatric (i.e., Child Life) and community settings, as well as for careers in higher education.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Developmental Science
- Seminar in Social Development and Resiliency
- Research Methods
- Analytical Methods
- Cognition and Language Development
- Special Topics in Child Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSocial Work Early Childhood Education View 353 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Baccalaureate in child development or a closely related academic field from a fully accredited college or university.
- Minimum grade point average of 2.85 in the last 60 semester units.
- Two letters of recommendation and a written statement of intent.
- Completion of the department application form, including a writing sample.
International396 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 396 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National396 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 396 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.