Why Study Public Policy at Simmons?
Simmons University MPP students are passionate about making a difference. Through this master’s degree, they gain a command of public policy analysis and an applied understanding of the various surrounding institutional contexts. This fosters their ability to bring about positive change from policy development through to its implementation, understanding completely the impact of their work on all levels of society.
The 11-course Master’s in Public Policy degree can be taken through full- or part-time study with most students completing the degree within two years. Its dynamic curriculum draws on courses in economics, quantitative methods, political science, and sociology, providing students with an interdisciplinary foundation that leads to deeper, more substantive policy analysis.
Accentuated by elective courses in the College of Social Sciences, Policy, and Practice, the MPP degree provides an integrated, well-rounded perspective of public policy in the United States. Explore the full course breakdown below in the Program Requirements section.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Policy Analysis and Theory
- Social Policy Analysis
- Economic Policy Analysis
- Quantitative Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesPublic Policy Political Science View 403 other Masters in Political Science in United States
- A completed online application or paper application form
- Current résumé
- Statement of purpose
- Two letters of recommendation
- Academic or policy-based writing sample
- Official transcript(s) of all undergraduate and graduate-level courses taken, including official transcripts from all study-abroad programs.
- TOEFL scores, if English is not the applicant's first language and the applicant does not hold a degree from a university where English is the primary language of instruction
- Non-refundable application fee of $35
International16650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 24 months.
National16650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1110 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.