The concentration in Music education at the Morehead State University provides a curriculum that allows for a significant amount of study in voice, brasswinds, woodwinds, percussion, orchestral strings, keyboard instruments, guitar, Kodály, jazz, or instrumental and choral conducting with additional opportunities to study music history and literature, and music education.
With the unique combination of online courses and face-to-face summer courses, this degree may be completed in three years, without having to take leave from teaching duties.
The concentration in performance is centered around a specialization in voice, brasswinds, woodwinds, percussion, orchestral strings, keyboard instruments, guitar, jazz, or instrumental and choral conducting.
- Career activities for music professionals are widely varied and often intertwined. Most practitioners of this art form have a combination of facets to their professional activities.
- MSU's Career Services offers career planning, interview and resume preparation assistance, internship placement, and services to help you find a job after you graduate.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Form and Analysis
- Graduate Music History Survey
- Research Methods and Materials
- Studies in Musical Style
- Seminar in Music History
- Foundations of Music Education
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMusic View 948 other Masters in Music in United States
- Completion of a bachelor's degree in music from an accredited institution or its equivalent with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on all undergraduate music courses above the freshman level
- General admission to graduate study at Morehead State
- Completion of the Graduate Music Entrance Examination in music history/literature and music theory (analysis) is required. The music entrance examination must be completed prior to the first semester of enrollment and is administered at the start of the Fall, Spring and Summer I semesters by the coordinator of graduate studies in music.
- Successful completion of an audition for the appropriate music faculty is required for admission to the performance concentration. When a live audition is not possible, an audition via Skype or other live video conferencing medium will be arranged.
- Prior to enrollment in graduate-level music education courses, graduate students pursuing the Master of Music Concentration in Music Education must have earned a bachelor's degree in music education from an accredited institution or must enroll in the Post-Baccalaureate Integrated Music P-12 Initial Certification Program and complete the education and music education course requirements.
International570 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 570 USD per credit during 12 months.
National570 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 570 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State570 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 570 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Morehead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.