At the Marine Biology program more than 100 researchers serve as mentors, providing the education you’ll need to make you more competitive for opportunities such as Knauss and Fulbright fellowships, doctoral programs and employment after graduation.
Students gain greater specialization in their field of interest while performing cutting-edge thesis research. Located at the Grice Marine Laboratory on James Island, our program offers the unique opportunity to collaborate and work with a large, diverse group of dedicated marine scientists at the Fort Johnson Marine Science Center.
The College of Charleston is a state-supported comprehensive institution providing a high-quality education in the arts and sciences, education and business. The faculty is an important source of knowledge and expertise for the community, state and nation.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Physiology and Cell Biology of Marine Organisms
- Ecology of Marine Organisms
- Physical Oceanography
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology View 866 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts from all academic institutions
- Official GRE scores
- TOEFL scores if your primary language is not English
- A personal statement/statement of goals
- Three letters of recommendation
- 20 semester hours of upper-division biological courses, including a course in cellular or molecular biology and a course in ecology
- Two courses in organic chemistry or one course in analytical chemistry
- Two courses in general physics • One calculus course
International36132 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36132 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National36132 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36132 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State13770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13770 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.