Although a majority of students are teachers, a teaching credential is not a requirement for admission. The Education - Curriculum and Instruction MA program offered at California State University, Fresno is unique in allowing students to pursue in-depth study in personally relevant areas of curriculum and instruction such as educational technology, reading/language arts, mathematics education, and other specialization areas through elective coursework.
The mission of the Department of Curriculum and Instruction is the preparation and continuing education of K-12 educators, particularly teachers. Coursework and field experiences are designed to prepare teachers who are reflective thinkers, problem solvers, and decision makers to meet the challenges of teaching in a rapidly changing world characterized by social, economic, and cultural/linguistic diversity.
Graduates' Careers Include the Following:
- Director of Research, Evaluation and Assessment for Fresno Unified School District
- Dean of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment for the Madera Technical Exploration Center
- Teacher on special assignment for mathematics
- Literacy coach
- High school department chair
- Educational consultant
- Research associate for state and federal grants
- Program officer for the American Indian Science and Engineering Society
- Fresno State instructor for credential and statistics courses
- Lecturer in the Department of Public Health and a fire captain
- Associate Program Director for UCSF-Fresno’s Pediatric Residency Program
- Educational Applications of Technology
- Educational Applications of Technology for Secondary Teachers
- Classroom Management
- Priniciples of Character Education
- Child Abuse and Neglect for Teachers
- Multicultural Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Instructional Design View 3101 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit a Cal State Apply online and pay $55 USD (non-refundable) by credit card
- English language proficiency
- Original or certified copies of all university transcripts with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit
- Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*) - if applicable
- Additional Documentation (if required by the department)
International15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15147 USD per year during 12 months.
National15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15147 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5075 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5075 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for California
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.