The science option has career specialization in the areas of preprofessional (basic) animal science and preveterinary medicine. The production management option offers career specialization in the areas of dairy science, equine science, meat technology and livestock business management.
This master degree in Agricultural Science is offered at California State University, Fresno. Courses integrate animal evaluation, behavior, disease, environmental management, genetics, health, marketing, muscle biology, nutrition, physiology, production, and reproduction.
Instruction in the animal science disciplines is enhanced through practical application at the various farm laboratory units on-campus. The Beef, Dairy, Horse, Meats, Poultry, Sheep, and Swine units are maintained by our faculty and students to support this educational purpose and provide a unique, hands-on learning experience for our students. In addition, veterinary and physiology laboratories are utilized to complement on-campus education. A 4,300-acre livestock and range management facility and another 800 acres of rangeland in the Sierra foothills are available.
- The agricultural education major is designed to equip students for careers as agricultural communication specialists or secondary agriculture teachers.
- Specializations may be developed in agricultural business, animal sciences, plant sciences, or mechanized agriculture.
- Orientation to Agricultural Education
- Agricultural Communications
- Undergraduate Research
- FFA Activities
- Leadrship & Communications
- Introduction to Agricultural Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAgriculture View 172 other Masters in Agriculture in United States
- Submit a Cal State Apply online and pay $55 USD (non-refundable) by credit card
- English language proficiency
- Original or certified copies of all university transcripts with literal English translation. Any coursework presented after an offer of admission is made will not be considered for credit
- Financial document (no older than 6 months) & Affidavit of Support from sponsors showing the amount and source of support for a minimum of one school year of study
- A copy of the biographic information/photo page in your passport
- Three Letters of Recommendation (if applicable)
- Official admission test score report (GRE* or GMAT*) - if applicable
- Additional Documentation (if required by the department)
International15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National15147 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15147 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.