Our Child Life program represents a collaboration between the College of Charleston and the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC). Coursework takes place at the College and practicum experience takes place at MUSC – home to one of the largest child-life departments in the state of South Carolina, treating more than 10,000 children on an annual basis.
As a child life specialist, you will be trained to provide support to infants, children, adolescents and their families during some of their most challenging life events.
The College of Charleston is a state-supported comprehensive institution providing a high-quality education in the arts and sciences, education and business. The faculty is an important source of knowledge and expertise for the community, state and nation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Child Life
- Psychological Aspects of Illness, Trauma, and Hospitalization
- Advanced Child Development
- Death and Dying
- Research Methods
- Therapeutic Play for Child Life Specialists
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1983 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Clear, personal statement regarding educational and career goals
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum GPA of 2.75 overall and recommended GPA of at least 3.0 in the final 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
- Official transcript from all academic institutions
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from academic sources
- Minimum 100 hours of formal volunteer experience with children, preferably in a child life setting and documented in writing by the supervisor
- Must include one course in infant, child, adolescent development (birth-18 years)
- Recommended course in medical ethics
- Recommended course in anatomy and physiology
- Interview by invitation only, following submission of your graduate school application.
International36132 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36132 USD per year during 24 months.
National36132 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36132 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State13770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13770 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Charleston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.