Notable features of the Pratt M.F.A. in Writing at Pratt Institute include
- The Writing Studio, a weekly collective interdisciplinary critique forum inclusive of all students, faculty, and guest faculty
- One-on-one guided Mentorships with faculty members
- Guided Fieldwork Residencies invite students to carry out an on-going creative residency in collaboration with an outside social, cultural, and literary institution, community, organization, archive, or activist group
- Special Topics Seminars in literature, media studies, performance, translation, small press, and experimental writing traditions
- Writing Practices Seminars, research and discussion-based classes covering the history and theory of collaborative and engaged writing practices
- A course of study stressing a writing process that takes into account the material and technological aspects of writing, the human body that produces it, and the larger social, sexual, historical, economic, racial, and cultural contexts in which and through which all imaginative writing takes place
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mentored Studies
- Writing Practices
- The Writing Studio
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 336 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All graduate students must file the application using our online system. There is a non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Transcripts: a scan of your official transcripts should be uploaded when you complete your online application. Request an official copy from your school, either digitally or physically, scan it, and upload it.
- International students must have all transcripts translated into English by a certified translation service.
- Two letters of recommendation from employers, professors, or others able to judge your potential for graduate study in your specific program.
International38240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38240 USD per year during 24 months.
National38240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38240 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.