The Creative Writing programme of Arcadia University emphasizes online workshops; personal attention from faculty; studying abroad, with a residency in Edinburgh, Scotland; and the preparation of both a book-length manuscript and a plan to publish it.
Arcadia’s experienced and award-winning faculty help to prepare each student for a career in writing and in teaching the craft at the secondary or collegiate level.
We offer programs in fiction and poetry, and each runs for two academic years.
Because this is a low-residency program and students take between six and nine credits each term, each participant is able to develop much of his or her own schedule and maintain a full-time professional life outside school.
- Fiction Workshop
- Poetry Workshop
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 388 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- A graduate application, including personal statements, to be completed online at www.arcadia.edu/gradapp.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a recommended GPA of 3.0 or better.
- One official transcript from each college, university or professional school attended. Transfer credits included on a transcript must include grades earned; if not, an official transcript from the original school must be submitted.
- Two letters of recommendation. The letters must be of a professional not personal nature. If the student has been out of school five years or less, at least one letter must come from a professor.
- An interview with the program Coordinator, either in-person or over the phone, if deemed necessary.
- A writing sample. For poetry students, this should be 10 to 15 pages of verse. For fiction students, it should be 15 to 20 pages of prose. Please do not exceed the page limit.
International15210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 24 months.
National15210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 780 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Glenside
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.