Approximately 30 students are admitted to the program each September. Each student completes five semesters of required academic courses and a minimum of six months of supervised fieldwork in an approved clinical setting.
The Occupational Therapy program from Kean University offers a rich array of hands-on clinical experiences and fieldwork, beginning in the student's first semester. Kean also operates a clinic on campus, where students have an opportunity to work with clients, to develop and master their skills in occupational therapy.
With an excellent outlooks for jobs and career growth, the future for occupational therapy students is bright.
What You Learn
Kean’s 73-credit master's program in occupational therapy welcomes students with different interests, diverse backgrounds and a variety of bachelor’s degrees to apply. You receive the training you need to work in occupational therapy:
- Develop skills to work with children and adults, including senior citizens
- Study gross anatomy, kinesiology, neuroscience, research methods and more
- Complete at least six months of supervised fieldwork
Students who successfully complete the program can take the national certification examination administered by the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapy, Inc. (NBCOT). After successful completion of this exam, the individual will be able to identify him- or herself as an Occupational Therapist, Registered (OTR).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Occupational Therapy
- Conditions Across the Lifespan
- Group Development Across the Lifespan
- Theoretical Guidelines to Practice
- Applied Kinesiology for Occupational Therapy
- Occupations Across the Lifespan
- Community Partnerships and Service
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences View 1386 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited college or university
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (candidates with under a 3.0 will be considered based on the strength of the overall application)
- Official copies of ALL post-secondary transcripts (this includes transcripts that reflect transfer credit)
- Professional Resume or CV
- Personal Statement
- 2-3 Letters of Recommendation
International20714 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10357 USD per semester during 24 months.
National20714 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10357 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State15752 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7876 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.