One of only four graduate programs of its kind in the U.S.
Students regularly convene with faculty in small, intimate gatherings, debating critical questions that matter.
Scholarships and project stipends are available.
Most students complete the program in 18 to 24 months.
What You Learn
Learn diverse perspectives from faculty in history, English, political science, sociology, education and philosophy. You can also pursue a regional specialization in Asia, Latin America, Native Americans, Ukraine and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Ireland, Africa and African-Americans; as well as Jewish studies, theology, law and religion.
- Investigate transitional justice, social policy, anti-Semitism and the sociology of global oppression
- Take part in face-to-face encounters with degree candidates from across the United States and countries overseas
- Create curricula for schools at local and state levels
- Work with visiting scholars and graduate faculty who are noted leaders in their fields
- By taking the Holocaust and Genocide Studies program from Kean University you will gain the skills to curate museum exhibitions and sites of conscience
- Study government and its role in human rights and social justice issues
You become prepared to launch a rewarding career as an interpreter of genocide and its global repercussions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of the Holocaust
- Survival Strat Mod Jewish History
- The History of Anti-semitism
- Holocaust Representations in Lit & Film
- Genocide in African History
- Genocide ofNative Americans
- Genocide in Latin America
- The Armenian Genocide
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Modern History View 522 other Masters in History in United States
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited college or university
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (candidates with under a 3.0 will be considered based on the strength of the overall application)
- Official copies of ALL post-secondary transcripts (this includes transcripts that reflect transfer credit)
- Professional Resume or CV
- Personal Statement
- 2-3 Letters of Recommendation
International20714 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10357 USD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
National20714 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10357 USD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
In-State15752 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7876 USD per semester and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.