The MA in Applied History at Shippensburg University is a flexible program designed to provide educators, public historians, and individuals wishing to pursue advanced graduate work with practical professional training. Our faculty will work closely with you to design a program of study to meet your personal and professional needs.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Professional training in historical research and writing
- Continuing Education for teachers
- Advanced study in diverse historical field and subjects
- Preparation for employment in museums, businesses, historical organizations, and government
- Specialized classes in Museum Studies, Historic Preservation, Archives, Oral History, and Local History Research
- Specialized Summer K-12 Educators Institute
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHistory View 488 other Masters in History in United States
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Present an official transcript showing at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA for your undergraduate studies.
- Complete a 500-word statement of purpose discussing your reason for pursuing graduate studies in applied history. This should include a discussion of prior training and professional goals and how both will influence this program. Please submit this as a PDF or Word document to GradAdmiss@ship.edu
- Prospective students are also invited to provide any additional information, letters of recommendation, or writing samples that will allow the history department to assess their potential for graduate studies.
International774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National774 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 774 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State516 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 516 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.