Both also require the same 18 semester hours of common coursework. The programs differ, however, in the specific professional objectives they are designed to serve. The also differ in the minimum number of required semester hours, and in the specific courses required beyond the 18 hours common to both.
In addition to meeting the University requirements for admission to the graduate program, successful psychology graduate program applicants will have completed undergraduate courses in general psychology, statistics, and research methods. Abnormal and experimental psychology are highly recommended. Preference will be given to students who have extensive undergraduate coursework in psychology and experience in the field.
The clinical psychology program is designed to:
- prepare students for doctoral level study in psychology
- train students in research methodology
- acquaint students with ethical concerns in research and practice
- prepare students for licensure as a psychological examiner in clinical practice in the State of Tennessee
- develop skill in the critical study of concepts, theories, and systems of psychology and in analysis of examples of psychological research
Students who complete the clinical program will be able to :
- define and use appropriately the important concepts of contemporary psychology
- identify and describe major historical and contemporary theories of psychology and evaluate empirical research as a support for theories and principles in psychology
- analyze and interpret data gathered using various research methods
- evaluate the design and analysis of research studies in psychology
- design, conduct, and analyze and interpret data for an independent research project
- communicate the results of empirical, library, and internet research both orally and in writing
- define the ethical responsibilities of psychologists in both research and practice
- choose, administer, and interpret scores of tests commonly used in the practice of psychology
- demonstrate the use of therapeutic techniques commonly used by master’s level psychologists
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Personality Theory
- Advanced Statistics
- Research Design and Methodology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology View 262 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A completed application form for graduate study, including three letters of recommendation, preferably from persons who are familiar with the applicant’s academic and/or professional capabilities
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate work.
- A personal statement addressing specific issues pertaining to knowledge, work and/or research experiences, goals and/or interests in the chosen field
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores for the General Test are also required.
International19900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19900 USD per year during 24 months.
National19900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19900 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.