You must complete the Art Design degree at Fort Hays State University requirements within 8 years and maintain a 3.0 GPA throughout the MFA program. This masters program collaborates different area of studio concentrations such as: drawing, painting, sculpture, design, printmaking, ceramics and intermedia.
MFA progress Review
Admission to the M.F.A. degree program does not guarantee graduation or that the student will be awarded a degree. He/she may be dropped from the enrollment or held in attendance beyond the customary two to three years if his/her progress does not measure up to the standards of the Department of Art and Design. Incompletes are not viewed as satisfactory progress. Courses must be completed before enrollments are allowed in subsequent program courses.
There will be a minimum of three reviews conducted by the candidate's graduate committee to determine graduate progress: First Review, Preliminary Oral Examination, and the Final Oral Examination.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Art History
- Studio Art
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts View 648 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Using Google Chrome, submit an Application for Graduate Admission at the appropriate website:
- Pay the $40 domestic application fee or $50 international application fee.
- Provide the Graduate School with an official bachelor's degree transcript and master's degree transcript (if applicable) from a regionally accredited institution.
- Provide entrance examination scores as required by individual departments.
- Provide letters of recommendation.
- Provide any other documents required by specific departments, such as a personal statement or vita, background check release, writing sample, or digital art slides.
- International students must provide evidence of their ability to speak English.
International610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 610 USD per credit during 24 months.
National610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 610 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State242 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 242 USD per credit during 24 months.
Graduate On-Campus (contiguous state) $341.29
Living costs for Hays
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.