Samford University offers this Speech Language Pathology degree program for one reason: to help you become a highly qualified speech-language pathologist with the skills, compassion and motivation to make a difference in your community, wherever you choose to live.
They do that through faith-based academic coursework and clinical experiences that are designed to help you reach your career goals, while emphasizing life-long learning, and high moral and ethical competencies. When you graduate, you will be prepared to impact the lives of many people in truly meaningful ways.
The clinical program is distinct. You will have off-campus clinical practice throughout your time in the program, as well as some on-campus clinical lab experiences with other professionals. More and more, health care is delivered by teams of professionals from the various specialties. They’ve structured their program around this type of interdisciplinary collaboration so that your experience is broadened to include other professionals that you may work with during your career.
- Motor Speech Disorders
- Dysphagia in Pediatrics & Adults
- Cognitive-Communicative Disorders in Adults
- Professional Trends in Speech Language Pathology
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication
- Structured Literacy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpeech Pathology View 239 other Masters in Speech Pathology in United States
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from a college or university that holds institutional accreditation
- Pre-requisite undergraduate courses from a regionally accredited college or university (ASHA CCC eligibility requirement):
- Biological science (4 credit hours)
- Physical science (must be chemistry or physics) (4 credit hours)
- Statistics (math, psychology, health sciences) (3 credit hours)
- Social/Behavioral Science (sociology, psychology, anthropology) (3 credit hours)
- For non-majors who may have completed some coursework in the discipline, a minimum of 4 from the courses listed below MUST be taken at Samford University.
- Undergraduate CSD or major area courses – no grade in a “major” area less than C
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- GRE: Preferred minimum combined score of 295
- Three letters of reference
- On campus interview.
- International applicants: TOEFL or IELTS
- Upon acceptance, a non-refundable fee of $500 is required
International26334 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 924 USD per credit during 24 months.
National26334 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 924 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Homewood
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.