- One of the strengths of these master’s degree in Biology program soffered by the Northern Michigan University is that they provide the opportunity for students to participate in an in‐depth graduate research project. Many of these projects utilize field-oriented research because of the unique geographical setting of the university.
- Laboratory research is also supported in such areas as neurobiology, genetics, virology, immunology and physiology. Department facilities include a green house, aquatics laboratory, herbarium, Lake Superior researchboat, the Longyear Forest, confocal microscope, molecular biology labs, a small‐animal colony, and a zoological collection.
- The members of the Biology Department faculty all have doctoral degrees, and most are actively involved in the department’s graduate program. Thesis advisors for students in this program are drawn from the Biology Department faculty who maintain graduate faculty Level 3 status.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Planning and Proposing Scientific Research
- Research in Biology
- Thesis in Biology
- Microbial Ecology
- Advanced Cell Biology
- Ecology of the Great Lakes
- Biochemistry of Development
- Molecular Biology
- Biology of Cancer
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 1175 other Masters in Biology in United States
Applicants are required to comply with the regular admission requirements of the Office of Graduate Education. In addition:
- All applicants must submit scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) at the time of admission.
- Applicants must include an essay indicating their background, career goals and research interests.
- Student’s entering the biology/biochemistry degree must have completed CH 342 Physical Chemistry II or its equivalent with a grade of “B.” Credit for this course will not count for the degree.
- Applicants must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Students must have a thesis adviser prior to admission. Applicants are strongly encouraged to communicate with the thesis adviser early in the application process. To identify the adviser, students should contact a faculty member and establish the willingness of that person to serve as the adviser, as indicated by a memorandum from the faculty member to that effect.
International25728 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 804 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25728 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 804 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State18816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 588 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Marquette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.