In order to prepare its graduates for ethical and competent service, the Social Work program:
- Is academically rigorous and emphasizes mastery of the core knowledge, values and skills of the social work profession, application of the person and environment construct and integration of research and practice
- Emphasizes promotion of human rights and social and economic justice as a reflection of God’s desire for justice and love for all of humanity
- Promotes interdisciplinary collaboration in order to address the complex and multifaceted nature of human needs and concerns
- Understands human diversity as a reflection of God’s creativity and imagination and prepares advanced social work practitioners who value diversity and practice with cultural sensitivity
The MSW program at Samford University prepares students for service as advanced social work practitioners by offering concentrations in clinical social work and global community development. The program’s unique context, location and mission combine to offer students opportunities to develop advanced social work skills in rural, urban and international practice settings in both faith-based and secular organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Social Work
- Social Work Research
- Faith Perspectives in Social Work Practice
- Advanced Research Seminar
- Applied Research Project
- Social Work Practice I: Individuals
- Social Work Practice II: Families and Groups
- Models and Theories of Clinical Social Work Practice
- Clinical Specialization Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 443 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Applicants must hold a baccalaureate social work degree from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), recognized through CSWE’s International Social Work Degree Recognition and Evaluation Service, or covered under a memorandum of understanding with international social work accreditors.
- Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.00 on a 4.0 scale or a minimum of a 3.2 GPA during their last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework.
International25860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 862 USD per credit during 24 months.
National25860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 862 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Homewood
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.