The Social Work program’s unique context, location and mission combine to offer you opportunities to develop advanced social work skills in rural, urban and international practice settings in both faith-based and secular organizations.
In order to prepare our graduates for ethical and competent service, Samford University's Master of Social Work program:
- Is academically rigorous, emphasizing mastery of the core knowledge, values and skills of the social work profession from an evidence-based perspective
- Emphasizes promotion of human rights and social and economic justice as a reflection of God’s desire for justice and love for all of humanity
- Promotes interprofessional collaboration to address the complex and multifaceted nature of human needs and concerns
- Understands human diversity to be a strength of a global community, preparing advanced social work practitioners who practice with cultural sensitivity
- Integrates the role of faith in social work practice, recognizing difference and diversity across cultures
Full-time and part-time study options are available. In-person courses are scheduled in the evenings to make it possible for you to maintain your current employment.
Plans of Study
- Four years (Part Time)
- Two years (Full Time)
- Advanced Standing, Two years (Part Time)
- Advanced Standing, One year (Full Time)
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Social Work Practice I: Individuals and Families
- Human Rights, Social Justice, and Social Work Ethics
- Social Welfare Policy
- Models and Theories of Clinical Social Work Practice (3)
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Policy Clinical Psychology View 443 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
- Hold an earned bachelor’s degree from a college or university that holds institutional accreditation
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.00 on a 4.0 scale or a minimum of a 3.2 GPA during their last 60 hours of undergraduate course work.
- Acceptable scores are as follows:
- MAT: 402
- GRE: Verbal: 153; Quantitative: 144; Analytical: 4.0
- Submit three letters of reference through the application portal.
- Have completed an undergraduate level statistics class with a grade of C or higher from a college or university that holds institutional accreditation.
- Applicants who have not completed a statistics course may receive conditional acceptance.
- Academic Writing Sample: Upload an academic paper that you have written in the past.
- Personal Statement: Please write a personal statement (3-5 double spaced pages) that discusses your interest in the social work profession and your reasons for pursuing the M.S.W. degree.
International26334 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 924 USD per credit during 24 months.
National26334 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 924 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Homewood
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.