The Economics program at The City University of New York integrates economic theory, quantitative methods and practical applications, and emphasizes elective courses in international trade and finance, economic development, financial economics, industrial organization, corporate governance, labor economics and public finance.
Hunter MAs regularly move into interesting, well-paid positions in business, government, and international organizations. They are equally prepared to enter PhD programs at top-ranking universities.
Under the direction of professors who combine distinguished academic credentials with wide experience in economic research and applications, students studying for an MA at Hunter may participate in such major ongoing projects as: taxation, government spending, and economic growth; earnings of immigrants and minority groups; saving and investment in rural economies; taxation and the regional economy; social security and public welfare; tax competition; health out-comes; corporate investment and financial decisions; regulatory policy; corporate control; location choices of immigrants.
The program is offered in the evening to accommodate students who hold full- and part-time jobs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Microeconomic Theory
- Macroeconomic Theory
- Linear Econometric Analysis
- Non Linear Econometric Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics View 484 other Masters in Economics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants to the MA program in economics must provide their scores on either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
- In addition to the other general requirements for graduate admission to Hunter, the following departmental requirements must be met: at least 18 credits of undergraduate courses in economics, at least 9 credits of undergraduate courses in mathematics, and two letters of recommendation from college teachers, including one from a member of an economics department.
- Students who have not completed these courses at the time of admission will be required to complete the needed course(s) during their first semester at Hunter. (Completion of such courses cannot be counted towards the MA.)
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11090 USD per year during 12 months.
- Resident: $470 per credit
- Non-resident: $855 per credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.