The comparatively inexpensive and flexible History M.A. program of Providence College offers opportunities for middle and high school teachers as well as those considering the Ph.D. Expert faculty members teach diverse course offerings in small class settings.
The mission of the Graduate History Program is to serve the needs of both students who desire to deepen their knowledge for teaching, and also for those who simply seek a more focused and advanced study of the past. Our M.A. program provides students with the opportunity to develop a comprehensive grasp of the past so that they might more fully appreciate the heritage of Western Civilization and the problems that confront it today.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- American Military History
- Modern East Asia
- Historical Methodology
- The Arab-Israeli Conflict
- Imperial Russia
- The American West
- The Irish in America
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History View 662 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed online application and application fee of $55.00.
- Application fee will be waived until October 15, 2020.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with a 3.0 average.
- 2 written recommendations from at least 2 individuals well acquainted with the academic ability of the applicant.
- Written statement of purpose.
- Official graduate and undergraduate transcripts sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
- Once accepted, students will need to accept the offer of admission in their application portal
International13200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 440 USD per credit during 12 months.
National13200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 440 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for North Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.