Whether you want to take a course or two to reignite your passion, earn the 18 hours typically necessary for dual credit teaching, or increase your salary and improve your credentials, our master's degree is uniquely positioned to help you meet your goals.
Unlike many programs, the English program of Texas Woman's University offers the flexibility of both online and traditional face-to-face classes so that you can choose a format that suits your lifestyle. Our on-campus courses run in three-hour blocks during the late afternoon and evening, perfect for working professionals. All classes are taught by faculty members who know your name and are invested in your education. Hallmarks of our program include flexibility in scheduling, a variety of degree options, high-quality curriculum, small class sizes and superior mentoring.
We also collaborate closely with the Multicultural Gender and Women's Studies Department at TWU and offer a number of cross-listed courses. As a result, we often share students. Gender and Women's Studies students may also earn an M.A. in English, while our M.A students can earn credit toward their degrees or toward the Graduate Certificate in Multicultural Gender and Women's Studies.
Our M.A. in English will prepare you for a career in education, writing, editing, journalism or communications. It will also provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary for you to pursue further graduate studies.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Bibliography and Research Methods
- Studies in British Literature to 1760
- Studies in British Literature After 1760
- Studies in Ethnic, Multicultural, and Cross Cultural Literature
- Studies in World Literature
- Literary Criticism and Theory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiterature View 358 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Applicants who lack the appropriate foundational degree in English, literature, writing, or rhetoric may be required to complete a deficiency plan prior to beginning graduate courses in English. Specific requirements depend on an individual student's undergraduate coursework in the discipline but may include 12-15 credit hours
- Minimum of a 3.0 grade point average on previous upper division and graduate work
- Statement of purpose
- Academic writing sample of 10-15 pages (double-spaced)
- Three academic or professional references should submit letters of recommendation as PDFs on institutional or organization letterhead directly to the program coordinator
International30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15264 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15264 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State15336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7668 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.