The College of Education's School Counseling program is a highly focused, master's-level educational degree that serves primarily the school districts and citizens of Indiana. It is a 48-credit-hour program operating on a three-year cycle. A new cohort of 24 students is admitted each fall.
The School Counseling program:
- is structured around the knowledge, dispositions and performances of school counseling professionals
- includes school site-based pre-practicum, practicum and internship experience
- is designed in collaboration with university, schools and educational agencies
- focuses on the P-12 developmental needs of students
- emphasizes valuing diversity and similarity
- expects technological proficiency
- emphasizes facilitating the post-secondary success of all students
- prepares counselors with general practice skills as well as specialized school counselor skills
- prepares counselors to serve as team members empowered to accomplish meaningful systems change
More informationVisit official programme website
These courses include:
- Professional, Legal & Ethical Issues in Counseling
- Human Development over the Lifespan
- Fundamental Counseling Theory and Techniques
- Valuing Diversity and Similarity
- Advanced Counseling Theory and Technique
- Research for School Counselors
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 897 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Application for Graduate Admission
- Official transcript from each college or university attended
- Transcripts can be mailed directly from the issuing institution to Butler University or sent as an electronic transcript to email@example.com. The institution must be a regionally accredited college or university and the transcript must indicate the date the degree was conferred
- Personal statement (topic may vary by program)
- Additional requirements set by the particular program
International580 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 580 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National580 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 580 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.