In consultation with an advisor, candidates will undertake the appropriate course work and activities including the following.
- Candidates must complete SPED 510 - Teaching Exceptional Children in Schools (or equivalent) with a minimum grade of “B”
- Candidates must, prior to the student teaching experience:
- complete an appropriate psychology course (either PSYC 224 - Child Psychology or PSYC 227 - Developmental Psychology or equivalent) or ELED 120 - Child Study in the Early Childhood and Elementary Education Classroom
- have passed the General Curriculum MTEL®
- complete SPED 509 - Teaching Reading to Learners with Disabilities (or equivalent) with a minimum grade of “B”
- have passed the Foundations of Reading MTEL®
More informationVisit official programme website
- Graduate Program Planning
- The Teacher as Researcher
- Language Skills for Special Needs Learners
- Reading Strategies in Special Education
- Seminar in Special Education
- Teaching Students with Special Needs through Direct/Explicit Instruction
- Professional Practices in Special Education
- Applied Curriculum Development for Learners with Special Needs: PreK-8
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1042 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Candidates must meet all College of Graduate Studies requirements and have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.8
- Candidates must submit evidence that they have passed the Communication and Literacy Skills Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure® (MTEL)
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work
National439 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 439 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State439 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 439 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition: $1,260.00
- Required Fees (all students): $6,641.28
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.