This Cybersecurity and Information Assurance program at the University of Central Missouri is designed to prepare graduates with advanced skills in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance. The graduates from the program can apply these skills to protect resources in the cyber domain and work as senior cybersecurity professionals in various sectors of industry that have significant online resources.
We provide an unmatched education to students in the region, and we're proud of it. With the demand for qualified technical personnel far exceeding the available supply, the opportunities awaiting Cybersecurity graduates are nearly limitless. The program will be offered both face-to-face at UCM-Lee's Summit and online starting Fall 2020.
- We have highly qualified and dedicated faculty members who have extensive experiences in research and/or industry.
- Six of them received specialized information security training through the SANS Institute. In addition, several faculty hold highly regarded cybersecurity certificates such as GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE), Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN), Certified Web Applications Penetration Tester (GWAPT), Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP), Certified Secure Java Developer (GSSP-Java), Certified Windows Security Administrator (GCWN), Certified Security Professional (GSEC) and Security Leadership (GSLC).
- Special Topics in Cybersecurity
- Internship in Cybersecurity
- Introduction to Malware
- Web Application Security
- Design of Cryptographic Algorithms and Protocols
- Cloud Security
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
The program will be offered both face-to-face at UCM-Lee's Summit and online starting Fall 2020.
DisciplinesIT Security Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Cyber Security View 161 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United States
- a student must have an undergraduate degree in computer science or a related discipline. Applicants who have degrees in some non-computing fields will also be considered for admission provided they have completed at least one programming course and one data structures course with a grade of B or better.
- a student must have a minimum undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 2.8.
- applicants must complete the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with a minimum combined score of 291 (1000 on the old scale) in Verbal and Quantitative reasoning. Applicants must submit official GRE test scores by Educational Testing Services (ETS) directly to the University of Central Missouri. The ETS institution code for sending GREscores to UCM is 6090; program code is 0402. Applicants with exceptional undergraduate performance may be considered with a lower GRE score.
International18810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 627 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 627 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State9390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 313 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Lees Summit
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.