The 30-credit-hour Educational Leadership (Non-Licensure) curriculum at Bridgewater State University emphasizes both theory and practice in the preparation of school administrators, supervisors, principals and superintendents. One of only 42 nationally accredited programs by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), this cohort-based program is comprised of a combination of coursework and practica that follows an integrated approach to understanding the forces of leadership necessary for effective schooling. Throughout the program, you will be introduced to leadership theories and practices, focusing on the importance of team building, decision making, problem-solving and strategic planning. The program prepares you to support student learning and the continuous improvement of systems that make learning possible. Emphasis is placed on the relationships between curriculum and instructional development, supervision of instruction, professional development and organizational development. This program is available on the main campus, as well as at select off-campus locations and via online.
The MEd in Educational Leadership program offers you:
- Diverse faculty with extensive teaching and administrative experience, as well as ongoing participation in educational research, scholarly publication and professional organizations
- Accommodating schedules, including Friday evening and Saturday courses during the academic year, and four-week intensive courses during the summer
- Prepractica and practica opportunities, enabling close collaboration with students from other programs within the College of Education and Allied Studies
- Small classes facilitating a more personalized learning experience
- Benefits of a state institution that has been training teachers for more than 175 years
- Affordable tuition, whether you live in state or out of state
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intro to Ed Leadership and School Reform
- Educational Leadership and Managerial Effectiveness
- Research Applications
- Managing Human & Financial Resources
- Designing the School/District Professional Learning Community
- Legal Aspects of School Administration
- Technology for School Administrators
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Overseas students are advised to seek admission at least one month before the deadline.
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership Teaching View 3603 other Masters in Education in United States
- Online application and $50 application fee
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work
- A 3.0 overall GPA based on four years work for the undergraduate degree
- Applicants with a GPA below 3.5 must submit official GRE exam scores
- Three letters of recommendation; at least two from professors
- Personal statement
International475 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 475 USD per credit during 12 months.
National475 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 475 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Bridgewater
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.