The overall goal of the Industrial Hygiene program of Montana Technological University is to provide individuals with the technical competence to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and control occupational health hazards. This Industrial Hygiene degree program is accredited by the Applied Science Accreditation Commission of ABET.
The thesis research-based M.S. degree is structured to encourage participative, collaborative, and applied problem-solving strategies to address modern day occupational health issues.
Industrial hygienists play an important role in ensuring the workplace is as free from hazards as possible and that the workers and the community at large are protected from potential health threats. Moreover, industrial hygienists work with management to anticipate problems that could occur and take action to prevent them before they happen. Also, industrial hygienists play an important role in shaping and implementing government policy concerning worker health and safety.
Job diversity is a major benefit to consider when choosing a career in the health/environmental sciences. A wealth of unique employment opportunities exists for industrial hygienists. Unlike many other professions, industrial hygienists are not limited to one particular type of industry. They are employed in a variety of organizations such as public utilities, government, academia, research laboratories, hospitals, insurance companies, consulting firms, oil, chemical and manufacturing companies, and mining operations.
- Chemical & Biological Hazards
- Physical Hazards
- Statistical Analysis
- Industrial Hygiene Management
- Advanced Industrial Toxicology
- Sampling & Evaluation Of Health Hazards
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 1854 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university that included as a minimum 19 credits of college-level mathematics and science, (including first semester calculus and statistics), biology (including anatomy/physiology), chemistry (including organic chemistry), and physics.
- Official transcripts are required from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above is required for full admission. For provisional admission status, an undergraduate GPA between 2.7 and 3.0 is required
- Personal/Professional Statement
- Three references are required for admission
- Students who have not attended a college or university in the United States or in the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand must provide evidence of English proficiency
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
International48740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24370 USD per semester during 12 months.
National48740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24370 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State14560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7280 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Butte
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.