The Department offers both thesis and non-thesis options in the master of science degree program. A minimum of 36 semester hours of approved courses is required for the M.S. degree under the thesis option, and a minimum of 39 semester hours is required under the non-thesis option. Students who choose the non-thesis option must pass a comprehensive examination (passing score 70% or above) taken no earlier than the term in which they complete their course work. Students interested in pursuing research careers in academia, government or industry are highly encouraged to take the thesis option.
The degree candidate must file a program of study after completing at least nine semester hours of graduate credit, but before completing fifteen hours of graduate credit. The program lists the courses which will be used to satisfy degree requirements, and details how other requirements will be met. The student may later change the program of study with the written approval of the Department and the Graduate School.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Literature and Methods in Research
- Cell Biology
- Frontiers in Molecular Science
- Molecular Biology
- Advanced Biochemistry I, II
- Spectroscopic Methods in Chemistry
- Statistical Methods I
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Health Sciences View 868 other Masters in Biology in United States
- A completed application for Admission to Graduate School and a non-refundable $35.00 application fee
- Official transcripts and authorized school records with a course-by-course listing of courses and grades received; such transcripts must have been evaluated by a foreign educational credential agency, at the student’s expense.
- A complete listing of acceptable agencies can be found on the NACES Website
- Applicable test scores, such as GMAT, GRE, FE, MAT, etc.
- Copy of current, valid passport
- Evidence of financial resources sufficient to provide tuition and fees for the academic year (minimum of $28,500 USD) and an affidavit of support
International1095 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1095 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National1095 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1095 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
In-State513 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 513 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.