This Special Education program at Rider University provides opportunities for students to understand the nature and causes of disabilities, become familiar with agencies and resources for persons with disabilities, and learn best practices and materials for teaching students with disabilities.
This knowledgebase, combined with a variety of shared experiences, provides opportunities for teachers to develop their expertise and become confident in their ability to work with students with special needs and become leaders in meeting the challenges of diverse classrooms.
Teachers who complete the Master of Arts in Special Education Program will:
- Identify IDEA classifications and evidence-based practice to support student needs
- Evaluate and conduct research in current issues and practice in special education
- Analyze and assess student needs and recommend appropriate instructional and behavioral strategies
- Implement Applied Behavior Analysis
- Support students with disabilities in transition to adult life
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Psychology of Exceptionality
- Positive Behavior Support
- Inclusive Educational Practices
- Transition to Adult Life
- Assessment for Instruction in Special Education
- Instructional Practices for Students with Severe Disabilities
- Instructional Practices for Students with Mild Disabilities
- Seminar in Collaboration, Consultation, and Inclusive Classroom
- Literacy and Students With Special Needs
- Curriculum, Instruction and Supervision in Literacy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 194 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the Application
- Transcripts must have the official school seal and be translated to English.
- Photocopies are only accepted when attested by the college or university.
- Submit Evidence of English Language Proficiency
- Submit personal statement
- Submit a current resume
- Submit proof of finances
International25500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.