The Special Education program at University of Alaska Anchorage encompasses theory, research and practice with a focus on culturally responsive pedagogy, Universal Design for Learning and educational technology. The master’s degree offers courses online and includes internships and service learning experiences in schools.
Concentrations in the special education program
- UAA offers two areas of concentration for the master’s program: elementary special education and secondary special education.
- Both concentrations include advanced internships and field experiences based on your area of study.
- Curriculum and Strategies: Low Incidence
- Curriculum and Strategies: High Incidence
- Language and Literacy: Best Practices in Assessment and Intervention
- Social/Emotional Development, Assessment, and Intervention
- Teaching Mathematics to Special Learners
- Special Education Law: Principles and Practices
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 284 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Alaska Anchorage and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- UAA Admissions will require an official and final transcript from the institution which issued the undergraduate degree.
- Official, final transcripts are required for all graduate level work.
- Additional undergraduate transcripts may be required if a large portion of credits were earned at more than one institution.
International32370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1079 USD per credit during 24 months.
National32370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1079 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State15390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 513 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.