The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Special Education has two options:
- Special education concentration
- Special education administration concentration — admission suspended
The Special Education program at University of Alaska Anchorage is designed for individuals who desire advanced professional preparation in special education. The program encompasses theory, research and practice relating to individuals who experience disabilities.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Utilize a variety of assessments to identify specific areas of student strengths and weaknesses and use the results to guide instruction.
- Individualize instruction to meet the specific needs of students with disabilities in inclusive settings.
- Support and promote inclusiveness and equity for students
- Apply the legal and ethical principles associated with special education.
- Promote a positive social environment for all students, particularly those with significant emotional and/or behavioral disorders.
- Develop and maintain an atmosphere of collaboration with teachers, parents, administrators, and paraprofessionals.
- Critically analyze and apply principles of research.
- Demonstrate literacy regarding theoretical perspectives associated with human development and learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Assessment: Eligibility and Program Planning
- Curriculum and Strategies: Low Incidence
- Curriculum and Strategies: High Incidence
- Language and Literacy: Best Practices in Assessment and Intervention
- Social/Emotional Development, Assessment, and Intervention
- Teaching Mathematics to Special Learners
- Special Education Law: Principles and Practices
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 638 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Satisfy the Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees and the School of Education M.Ed. Admission Requirements.
- Submit an application to the M.Ed. in Special Education Program. Contact the Graduate Studies Department at (907) 786-4450.
- Submit proof of current teaching certification. (For those who do not hold an Alaska Teaching Certificate and would like to obtain one, please refer to the Graduate Certificate in Special Education program).
International18504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18504 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National18504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18504 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8802 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8802 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.