The program helps students develop a strong counselor professional identity through ethical and competent practice as well as expanding self-awareness. The following program meets the academic requirements for the Mental Health Practitioner License (LMHP) regulated by the State of Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). Students in Clinical Mental Health Counseling are eligible to obtain the appropriate national certification (e.g., NCC) and Nebraska state licensure (LMHP/LPC/LIMHP).
- Research Methods in Psychology and Education
- Child and Adolescent Development and Interventions
- Clinical Treatment Issues in Addictions Counseling
- Ethical, Legal and Professional Counseling
- Adult Development
- Introduction to Counseling and Social Advocacy
- Techniques of Counseling
- Multicultural Counseling
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Mental and Emotional Disorders
- Theories of Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling Clinical Psychology View 1066 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- If you were conditionally admitted, this condition must have been met.
- Application for Candidacy must be made prior to completion of half of the required hours on the student's program of study.
- A grade of B or higher in CSP 855 Techniques of Counseling with a B or higher.
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.00.
- Demonstrate professional fitness and competencies.
- Adhere to ethical standards.
International495 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 495 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National226 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 226 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.