The Department of Biology at University of Nebraska Kearney offers three options for graduate students, depending upon your needs.
Resident students conduct original research and generate a thesis. The thesis should result in a manuscript that makes a significant contribution to their field and demonstrates that the student is capable of doing original research and presenting the results in a clear and concise manner. The student presents this work in a public seminar and then defends it before a faculty committee at the end of his or her program.The M.S. non-thesis option is designed primarily for non-resident students who would like to acquire greater expertise in modern biology. In lieu of a thesis defense, students completing this option are required to pass a comprehensive examination that covers material from their coursework. This option is ideal for professionals in select biology-related fields who are currently engaged in research or do not require research for their profession.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Department of Biology is a huge proponent of undergraduate research. All Biology students are strongly encouraged to perform undergraduate research.
- These research experiences can benefit student learning by promoting critical thinking and problem solving.
- They also increase science knowledge in the chosen field by introducing students to published research and new technologies. Students may also benefit from the creativity required for research and enjoyment of scientific discovery.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology View 30 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online: The application is the same for all students.
- Submit an official credential evaluation of all transcripts or mark sheets from all previously attended colleges and universities outside of the U.S.
- Submit a completed Financial Affidavit.
- Submit an official TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Comply with departmental admission requirements.
International554 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 554 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National554 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 554 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State252 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 252 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.