Centering on the art object, the program allows students to expand their knowledge of the historical, stylistic and theoretical dimensions of the visual arts, while having the practical experience of working directly with art objects and in museums with professional staffs. Students participate in courses that utilize the resources of the Amon Carter Museum of American Art, the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth and the Kimbell Art Museum, and serve internships in these and other art museums.
Graduates of the Art History program, offered at Texas Christian University, are prepared to engage in work at the Ph.D. level and pursue careers in the teaching and art museum professions.
- American Art 1913 to the Present
- Art of the Aztecs
- Gender in Mesoamerican Art
- Maya Art and Architecture
- Early Italian Renaissance Art
- High and Late Italian Renaissance Art
- Northern Renaissance Painting: Van Eyck - Bruegel
- 17th Century Italian and Spanish Art
- Drawing as Artistic Invention
- 17th Century Flemish-Dutch Painting
- Special Topics in Art History
- Art Since 1945
- Modern Architecture
- History of the Print
- History of Photography
- Approaches to the Art Object
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Art History Liberal Arts View 716 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In addition to meeting the minimum requirements for admission established by TCU, applicants will normally have completed 18 semester hours (six courses) in art history. The department will consider applications from qualified students in other fields.
- A personal statement of no more than 250 words describing the applicant's academic and professional objectives
- A writing sample that demonstrates art history research skills, not to exceed 20 pages in length
- Three letters of recommendation
- Students are required to pass a reading proficiency examination in French, German, Italian, Spanish or another language approved by the faculty upon entering the program. The language examination is administered at the beginning of the fall or spring semester.
International32220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1790 USD per credit during 24 months.
National32220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1790 USD per credit during 24 months.
per credit hour
Living costs for Fort Worth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.