An integral component of this program, which sets it apart from many others, is "the museum experience": the opportunity to study in art museums and work with museum professionals. Centering on the art object, the program allows students to expand their knowledge of the historical, stylistic and theoretical dimensions of the visual arts, while having the practical experience of working directly with art objects and in museums with professional staffs.
Students participate in courses that utilize the resources of the Amon Carter Museum of American Art, the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth and the Kimbell Art Museum, and serve internships in these and other art museums. Graduates are prepared to engage in work at the Ph.D. level and pursue careers in the teaching and art museum professions.
More informationVisit official programme website
- American Art 1913 to the Present
- Art of the Aztecs
- Gender in Mesoamerican Art
- The Aztec, Maya, and Olmec: Ancient Mesoamerican Art
- Maya Art and Architecture
- Early Italian Renaissance Art
- High and Late Italian Renaissance Art
- Northern Renaissance Painting: Van Eyck - Bruegel
- 17th Century Italian and Spanish Art
- Drawing as Artistic Invention
- Modern Art I: Romantic classicism to Impressionism
- Modern Art II: Post-Impressionism to Surrealism
- Picasso: Artist of the Century
- 17th Century Flemish-Dutch Painting
- Special Topics in Art History
- Art Since 1945
- Modern Architecture
- History of the Print
- History of Photography
- Approaches to the Art Object
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesArt History View 212 other Masters in Art History in United States
A personal statement of no more than 250 words describing the applicant's academic and professional objectives
A writing sample that demonstrates art history research skills, not to exceed 20 pages in length
Three letters of recommendation
GRE General Test scores
International29340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29340 USD per year and a duration of .
National29340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29340 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.