- The Master’s of Education in Educational Leadership program is 36 credit hours and focuses on the knowledge, skills, and dispositions associated with effective educational leadership of PK-12 schools.
- The program of study is divided into 3 Levels. The program begins in Level 1 with coursework and field experiences that are aligned with requirements for the Teacher Leader endorsement from the Louisiana Department of Education. Following a performance review, candidates enter Level 2 of the program and complete professional coursework and field experience aligned with the national, state, and unit standards associated with teaching educational leadership. During Level 3, candidates complete 2 semester-long internships.
- The program, candidates record site and grade level placements of field experiences in their Live Text electronic portfolio. These records are assessed at each transition review by program faculty to ensure that candidates are developing a balanced set of field experiences that include work with diverse faculty and students in school settings. The program of study is fully aligned with the certification requirements of the Louisiana Department of Education.
- The Master’s of Education in Educational Leadership program represents a performance-based model of personnel preparation and is divided into 3 Levels.
- The first two levels require field experience associated with the completed coursework. Information on the field experience requirements of each course in the program of study may be found in the course syllabus.
- Following the completion of coursework and a successful performance review, candidates complete two semesters of clinical practice in an approved school setting.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation View 3668 other Masters in Education in United States
Following are the minimum requirements for program entry:
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Possession of a standard teacher’s license
- Three years of experience as a licensed public classroom teacher or equivalent
- Overall undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5
- Submission of GRE score earned within the last five years
- Submission of a current resume and letter of recommendation/support from the individual’s principal or district level supervisor
- Demonstration of writing proficiency through responding to a prompt
- Interview with faculty.
International13678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13678 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National9108 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9108 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.