Medical students who wish to study for an intercalated master's degree in clinical education recognise that when they qualify as clinicians they will be involved in teaching and supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students.
A Postgraduate qualification in Medical Education is becoming a national standard for health professionals involved in teaching and is expected of new clinical teachers in the Keele University School of Medicine.
Join this Clinical Education (Intercalated) course from Keele University to learn more.
The overall aim of the course is to improve the quality and effectiveness of clinical teaching and medical education through:
- Understanding and fostering a learner-centred approach
- Relating this to the requirements of professional education for clinical competence
- Developing practical, generic skills in teaching and assessment, underpinned by an understanding of educational theory
- Promoting reflective practice in education and clinical practice, using work-based assignments and a portfolio
- Promoting evidence-based education
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching Methods and Theories of Learning
- Assessment in Medical Education
- Educational Supervision and Feedback
- Developing Professional Skills and Attitudes
- Independent Study Module
- Media Design
- Curriculum Design and Session Planning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Human Medicine Teaching View 947 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The programme is designed for undergraduate medical students preparing for, or currently engaged in, clinical teaching.
Application Procedure for Keele Students
To undertake an intercalated degree, students must be given permission by the School of Medicine as well as being offered a place on their chosen course.
- Please note that should permission to intercalate be granted by the interview panel, students will still need to apply independently to the course of their choice.
- Students who are given permission to intercalate should have passed all their assessments by the time they commence their intercalated degree.
- Intercalating students will be given access to their cohort's Blackboard.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Keele
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.