International Energy from Sciences Po emphasizes students’ active participation and networking. Most of the program’s faculty comes from the main European energy think tanks, including the International Energy Agency; or from industry and the consulting world. Numerous events featuring distinguished speakers are organized by faculty or the Sciences Po Energy Association (an independent student initiative). Each year the Master hosts the Paris presentation of International Energy Agency’s World Energy Outlook.
Graduates enter the global job market with a strong international outlook and an incomparable understanding of complex interrelations between different issues, actors and technological solutions. Our professional faculty assists students with finding interesting internships in the third semester and, where possible in their job search.
Governments, financial institutions, policy-oriented think tanks and the media seek professionals with sufficient technical knowledge of energy issues. Energy companies, increasingly numerous and diverse, need public policy experts to advise on political and social acceptability of technological solutions and business strategies. Career openings include private enterprises, research institutes, international organizations, banks, consulting and multinational firms.
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- Politics and Economics of International Energy
- Energy Economics
- Decarbonisation and Renewable Energy Sources
- Energy Policies
- Environmental Economics
- From Climate Sciences to Geo – Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Energy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 36 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in France
- Professional experience (or at least one or several internships) is valued, preferably in the field of the programme.
- Official academic transcript(s)
- Language Test scores
- Two academic references
- Official proof (signed and stamped) from your university, providing your undergraduate cumulative grade average (and your graduate cumulative grade average if applicable).
- Articles or other texts which you have written or published (not mandatory)
- an undergraduate level degree (Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Sciences / licenciatura / licence) at the time of entry to Sciences Po or a minimum of 180 ECTS credits
International18260 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18260 EUR per year during 24 months.
National18260 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18260 EUR per year during 24 months.
Students whose parents' tax residence is within the EEA pay individualised fees according to family income, from €0 to €18,000.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.