Candidates who successfully complete the Special Education and Teaching, General program of University of West Georgia and other requirements of the state certification agency (PSC) may be eligible for Georgia Level 5 certification. Teachers with certification in this area are infield to teach students in grades P-12 with disabilities who receive instruction using the general education curriculum and participate in the general statewide assessment, as well as students in special education preschool (ages 3-5 years).
- Special education specialists use valid and reliable assessment practices to minimize bias.
- Special education specialists use their knowledge of general and specialized curricula to improve programs, supports, and services at classroom, school, community, and system levels.
- Special education specialists facilitate the continuous improvement of general and special education programs, supports, and services at the classroom, school, and system levels for individuals with exceptionalities.
- Special education specialists conduct, evaluate, and use inquiry to guide professional practice.
- Special education specialists provide leadership to formulate goals, set and meet high professional expectations, advocate for effective policies and evidence-based practices, and create positive and productive work environments.
- Special education specialists use foundational knowledge of the field and professional ethical principles and practice standards to inform special education practice, engage in lifelong learning, advance the profession, and perform leadership responsibilities to promote the success of professional colleagues and individuals with exceptionalities.
- Special education specialists collaborate with stakeholders to improve programs, services, and outcomes for individuals with exceptionalities and their families.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Curriculum Trends and Issues
- Introduction to Research in the Human Sciences
- Regulations and Requirements in Special Education
- Educational Characteristics of Learners: Mild Disabilities
- Professional Seminar
- Comprehensive Exam for the Master of Education: Special Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 343 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- All graduate applicants must complete the online Grad Application. A one-time application fee of $40 is required
- Official transcripts from a regionally or nationally accredited institution are required and should be sent directly to the UWG Graduate Admissions Office. Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended are required
- Complete requirements for a Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Present a cumulative 3.0 (4.0 scale) grade point average or higher on all undergraduate work
- Present a current renewable certificate in Special Education
- Submit a personal statement of purpose, not to exceed 200 words
- English language proficiency
International11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5610 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National11220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5610 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State2892 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1446 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.