The quickest way to learn about the Public Administration program at The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is to read our mission statement. It guides all of our decisions about our program—what/how/whom/why we teach, the kind of scholarship we pursue, and how we collaborate with public service institutions.
The UTC MPA program promotes the public good by preparing students to be effective leaders, managers, and analysts in public and nonprofit agencies. The program emphasizes:
- developing students’ proficiency in core management and analytic skills that apply to a broad range of public and nonprofit employment settings;
- training students to apply theory and evidence to practice;
- cultivating students’ commitment to technical competence, professional ethics, and the public interest;
- engaging students in active learning;
- preparing pre-career and mid-career students to work with and serve diverse constituencies; and
- serving our region by providing options for focused study of local government management and nonprofit management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Administration Foundations
- Public Administration Research and Analysis
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Human Resources Management in Public Agencies
- Organizational Theory and Administrative Behavior
- Budgeting and Finance in Public Agencies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration View 558 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Language Proficiency: Scores must be no more than two years old. Applicants who have received a degree from a U.S. institution in the past two years are exempt from the language proficiency requirement.
- Financial Documents: Documentation of financial resources sufficient for nine months of study must be received prior to issuance of an I-20.
- Copy of valid passport
- Academic Credentials: UTC requires submission of all transcripts and degree certificates earned outside of the U.S.
International17462 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8731 USD per semester during 12 months.
National12134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6067 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State6758 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3379 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Chattanooga
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.