- An MS in Mathematics with a concentration in Computer Science is offered by the Department of Mathematical Sciences. This degree option is described under Mathematics.
- The graduate program in computer science is designed for students interested in pursuing computer science theoretically as well as practically at an advanced level. While introducing students to newly developing areas of computer science, this program emphasizes the foundations and concepts of the field. Concepts are developed rather than routine programming skills. Students are prepared for professional work in the design and implementation of software systems, data base systems, operating systems, artificial intelligence, expert systems, graphics, simulation and algorithms for discrete and continuous structures that will aid in the solution of problems encountered in the scientific and business sector. The curriculum is designed to allow students to develop skills needed to achieve leadership positions in business, industry, and government in computer science or in related fields that are computer science intensive. The program also prepares teachers of computer science at the two year college, high school and middle school levels.
- The graduate program in computer science began in 1978. At present, there are 12 full-time faculty in the Department of Computer Science. the special interests of the faculty include algorithms, artificial intelligence, automata theory, automated theorem proving, bioengineering, compilers, computer science education, complexity theory, computational linguistics, computational logic, cryptography, databases, data mining and knowledge discovery, design and management of information systems, expert systems, fault-tolerant computing, graphics, machine organization and architecture, neural networks, non-linear phenomena and fuzzy logic, operating systems, parallel and distributed computing, program verification, pixel and image processing, robotics, software engineering, scientific computing, and telecommunications. The department has the advantage of having professional computer scientists as both faculty and visiting specialists. The visiting specialists are drawn from the aerospace, chemical, computer, and pharmaceutical industries. This mix of faculty affords students the opportunity to obtain an education in both the practical and theoretical aspects of computer science.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Computer Science Foundations I (4 hours lecture)
- Comptuer Science Foundations II (4 hours lecture)
- Computer Science Foundations III (4 hours lecture)
- Computer Science Foundations IV (4 hours lecture)
- Mathematics for Computer Science III (3 hours lecture)
- Software Engineering (3 hours lecture)
- Computer Architecture (3 hours lecture)
- Computer Algorithms and Analysis (3 hours lecture)
- Robotics (3 hours lecture)
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) (3 hours lecture)
- Web Development (3 hours lecture)
- Computer Networks (3 hours lecture)
- Operating Systems (3 hours lecture)
- Mobile Computing (3 hours lecture)
- Database Systems (3 hours lecture)
- Network Security (3 hours lecture).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 782 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- Complete the online application.
- Send your $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended – they need to be in their original sealed envelopes.
- GRE scores
- Applicants with a non-US degree: In lieu of a transcript, please submit a course-by-course evaluation along with U.S. degree equivalency information of your coursework from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices.
International1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.