- The MS in Biology with a concentration in Biology Science Education is intended for certified Biology teachers interested in enhancing and updating their content expertise, exploring and conducting research on biology learning, and expanding their insights into pedagogy. Students will complete 32 credits of coursework in biology, biology education, and curriculum and teaching and/or educational foundations. Students must take a minimum of 20 credits in biology and 6 credits in College of Education and Human Services and can take a maximum of 6 credits outside the department including BIOL courses taken as a non-matriculated student, courses taken in other MSU departments, and courses transferred from other institutions. Students must receive a B or better in these courses and the credits can not have counted toward another degree.
- The MS in Biology with a concentration in Molecular Biology addresses the needs of Biology educators, other Biology professionals and those wishing to re-tool their job skills. This program helps to meet the challenges of improving science literacy and implementing new science curriculum standards, and to meet the needs of surrounding biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. Hands-on experience is emphasized and real world problems are presented to the students. Students also get a firm grounding in molecular biology theory.
- Advanced Cell Biology
- Advanced Endocrinology
- Advances in Immunology
- Topics in Physiology
- Molecular Biology I
- Topics in Developmental Biology
- Intermediary Metabolism I
- Biology of Lipids
- Microbial Physiology
- Physiological Plant Ecology
- Biology of Extreme Habitats
- Physiological Ecology of Animals
- Selected Avanced Topics in Biology
- Applied Statistics
- Non-Parametric Statistics
- Design and Analysis of Experiments
- Applied Regression Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics View 257 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United States
- Complete the online application.
- Send your $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended – they need to be in their original sealed envelopes.
- GRE scores
- Applicants with a non-US degree: In lieu of a transcript, please submit a course-by-course evaluation along with U.S. degree equivalency information of your coursework from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices.
International1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.