- College life is full of activities outside of the classroom and informational sessions that help students adapt to, and enrich, life on campus. From the time a new student arrives on campus for orientation, to seeking advice on life after college with career affairs, Higher Education Student Affairs professionals are an integral part of the collegiate experience.
- The M.Ed. in Higher Education Student Affairs is a 39-semester hour program that provides graduates with comprehensive knowledge and experiences to pursue professional employment within an institution of higher education or seek to continue to a doctoral program. Students will learn about issues in higher education such as diversity, legal issues, history, finance and more. Students will also learn from, and work with, a variety of college personnel to better understand the varying roles and opportunities that exist in the collegiate environment. Students may also choose an internship to gain valuable, hands-on experience.
- Graduates at the Western Carolina University have a chance to find employment on college campuses across the country and can work in a variety of roles from leading off-campus trips to helping with substance abuse counseling. You can work as residence director, academic coordinator, campus event coordinator and more. The Bureau of Labor Statistics states the average salary for postsecondary administrators is $101,910 and predicts the industry to have 15% job growth by 2022.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Higher Education Student Affairs curriculum include:
- Diversity in Higher Education
- Higher Education Student Affairs
- Organization, Administration and Finance in Higher Education Student Affairs
- History of Higher Education in the United States
- Theories of College Student Development
- Legal and Ethical Issues for Higher Education Student Affairs
- Internship I Credits: 1-3, R6
- Internship II Credits: 1-3, R6
- Capstone in Higher Education Student Affairs
- Program Development and Evaluation
- Methods of Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1745 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Applicants for the M.Ed. in the HESA program must have an average G.P.A. of B or higher, as defined by the department in upper-level undergraduate courses in the major.
- Three online recommendation forms submitted by former instructors and/or supervisors, who are in a position to judge the applicant’s aptitude for graduate study. (Applicant will add the recommenders’ email addresses within the application system, and a recommendation form will be sent to them).
- A recent resume or CV.
- A statement/essay of interest
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is NOT required for applicants with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- If you would like to be considered for a Graduate Assistantship, please download the application. After you complete the Assistantship application, upload it as "Other Materials" within your admissions application (March 1 deadline).
International20438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10219 USD per semester during 24 months.
National20438 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10219 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State10030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5015 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Cullowhee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.