This Special Education - Cognitive, Behavior, Physical-Health Disabilities (CBP-HD) program from Duquesne University molds teacher leaders who have academic and professional expertise that is enlightened by ethics to sensitively guide individuals with needs in the global society. The graduate PK-12 in special education is designed to facilitate your development of state-of-the-art competencies. Graduates are prepared to maximize the potential for achieving a meaningful quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
Graduates can pursue fulfilling careers as:
- Special Education teachers for students with cognitive, behavior, and/or physical/health disabilities in Grades PreK-12
- Specialists in the areas of assessment, curriculum, instruction, learning, and behavior support
- Professional advocates who develop collaborative partnerships.
- Low Incidence: Access to the General Education Curriculum
- Early Intervention and Child Development
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Exit Assessment Cognitive, Behavior, Physical/Health Disabilities
- High Incidence: Behavior
- Professional Core Practices and Autism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSpecial Education Cognitive Sciences Teaching View 722 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- 3.0 GPA
- For admission to any graduate program in Special Education, applicants must have an instructional certification and meet the minimum GPA requirement (3.0) for their previous coursework as established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), although some exceptions may apply
- Duquesne University Online Application
- Official transcripts: If your undergraduate and/or graduate degrees are from an institution located outside of the United States, you must use a transcript credential evaluation service to obtain a course-by-course report.
- A statement of purpose
- Duquesne University requires submission of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores for all non-native English speaking applicants who attended an university outside of the United States
International40890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1363 USD per credit during 12 months.
National40890 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1363 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.