The philosophy of the Special Education - Cognitive, Behavior, Physical-Health Disabilities (CBP-HD) program of Duquesne University is one that acknowledges the dignity and uniqueness of an individual. This program molds teacher leaders who have academic and professional expertise that is enlightened by ethics to sensitively guide individuals with needs in the global society.
Students can choose to specialize in grades PreK-8 or 7-12 Secondary programs. The graduate PreK-8 curriculum and 7-12 Secondary curriculum in special education is designed to facilitate your development of state-of-the-art competencies. Graduates are prepared to maximize the potential for achieving a meaningful quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
Graduates can pursue fulfilling careers as:
- Special Education teachers for students with cognitive, behavior, and/or physical/health disabilities in Grades PreK-12
- Specialists in the areas of assessment, curriculum, instruction, learning, and behavior support
- Professional advocates who develop collaborative partnerships.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Low Incidence: Access to the General Education Curriculum
- Early Intervention and Child Development
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Exit Assessment Cognitive, Behavior, Physical/Health Disabilities
- High Incidence: Behavior
- Professional Core Practices and Autism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSpecial Education Teaching View 1679 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- 3.0 GPA
- For admission to any graduate program in Special Education, applicants must have an instructional certification and meet the minimum GPA requirement (3.0) for their previous coursework as established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), although some exceptions may apply
- Duquesne University Online Application
- A statement of purpose demonstrating the applicant's Professionalism and Ethics, commitment to Academic Excellence, and commitment to Collaboration and Diversity -for the statement of purpose, the applicant should answer a set of questions framed around these themes
- Duquesne University requires submission of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores for all non-native English speaking applicants who attended an university outside of the United States
International40080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1336 USD per credit during 12 months.
National40080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1336 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.