Students with a degree in social work go straight into the second year of the program — the Advanced Standing year — which consists of online courses and on-site fieldwork in the community. We also offer our students a number of opportunities to see their classroom lessons in action, such as participating in Social Work Day at the United Nations.
Our students finish the Social Work program offered by The Seton Hall University ready to make a difference. They are prepared to work with individuals, families or groups in a variety of advanced-practice settings — including behavioral health, substance abuse and healthcare. With fieldwork and theoretical components, this program is open to both full- and part-time students.
Through a carefully structured curriculum of foundational and advanced courses, students in this program reach their maximum potential. Learning takes place both in and out of the classroom, with theoretical coursework and two field placements. For full-time students, class work is spread over two years. Part-time students may take up to four years. Our advanced standing option allows students with undergraduate degrees from accredited social work programs completed in the past five years to go directly into the second year of the program. No credit will be given for work or life experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Policy Analysis
- Behavior & Environments
- Social Problems and Programs
- Theories of Behavior
- Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Psychology View 939 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Have completed a broad liberal arts background with a minimum of 24 credit hours including at least one course in sociology, psychology, English, political science or history, statistics, and human biology
- Have earned a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average on the last 120 graded credits that appear on their bachelor’s degree transcript, as well as a 3.0 on all social work courses.
- Have submitted transcripts of any completed graduate courses
- Submit three letters of recommendation
- Submit a 3-5 page Personal Statement
International1353 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1353 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1354 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1354 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for South Orange
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.