Ranked as a Best Program for nonprofit management by U.S. News & World Report, the program is accredited by NASPAA. As part of that process, our New Jersey based department goes through a rigorous self-study process where every aspect of the program is critically examined.
The Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) degree offered by Seton Hall University prepares students for leadership roles in a variety of public service settings - from executive director of a homeless shelter, to program director for an NGO fighting AIDS in Africa, to business manager of a local municipality, to chief of staff for a U.S. Senator. We are dedicated to helping each student find the career that fits him or her best and we pride ourselves on bringing academic theory into practice. Course schedules are convenient for working students, and the program is offered year-round on campus and online - including summers and weekends. Scholarship opportunities specifically for M.P.A. students are available.
This 39-credit degree includes courses in public service management, research and statistical analysis, financial management and managerial decision-making. Students also select a concentration: Health Policy and Management; Nonprofit Organization Management; Public Service: Leadership, Governance and Policy; or Data Visualization and Analytics. Students may also choose a 100% online M.P.A. program with an exclusive focus on Non-Profit Management. Classes emphasize managerial and analytical skills, along with ethical and professional values. In each course, you’ll find small class sizes and a close-knit graduate student community. Our faculty offer internationally recognized research and teaching programs and bring their diverse skills and experiences to every classroom.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- The Environment of Public Service Management
- Research Methods and Statistical Analysis
- The Economic Environment of Public Service Management
- Financial Management and Control
- Managerial Decision Making
- Managing Human Resources in Public Service Organizations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Administration View 642 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- Complete our online graduate application
- Submit required application fee ($75), personal statement (750-1000 words), resume, official transcript and letters of recommendation online via the application.
- Submit official transcripts for all colleges/universities previously attended.
- International Applicants: If English is not your first language, please arrange to have your official TOEFL or IELTS scores sent to Seton Hall University
International25447 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1305 USD per credit during 24 months.
National25447 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1305 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for South Orange
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.