Our career-oriented Master of Science in Athletic Training (M.S.A.T.) degree program offered by Seton Hall University is the state's only entry-level master's program with accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education.
- We put you in the field right away: clinical rotations begin your first semester, and you'll work in a variety of settings before graduation.
- Our program’s graduates consistently receive job offers after graduation and their Board of Certification first-time pass rate is well above the national average. They now work with athletes and physically active individuals in well-known organizations including NCAA sports teams, the NFL's Cleveland Browns and New England Patriots, Cirque du Soleil, as well many public and private high schools.
The Seton Hall Master of Science in Athletic Training (M.S.A.T.) degree program was initially accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) in October 2003. In 2019, the program received a 10-year re-accreditation, which is in effect until 2029.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Physiology
- Functional Human Anatomy
- Principles of Evaluation in Athletic Training
- Research Methods
- Research Project
- Clinical Practicum
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 424 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Completion of the Seton Hall University graduate school admission application
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Preferred overall cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4-point scale
- Fifty (50) hours of clinical observation with a Certified Athletic Trainer
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Current certification in CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Three letters of recommendation required; one must be from a Certified Athletic Trainer.
- Completion of applicant essay question
- If English is not the native language, a student must submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Score Report
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required.
International1354 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1354 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1354 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1354 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for South Orange
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.