As we move our program to a semester system, we are expanding the options for the degree to better meet a variety of interests! Students can be granted a masters degree in school counseling, which includes a PPS credential.
Or, students can receive a masters degree in professional counseling, which meets the criteria for people interested in being certified as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counseling (LPCC). Many students entering our program in Counseling at California State University San Bernardino elects to combine these two concentrations to meet qualifications to earn both their PPS and LPCC.
Many of our graduates work in both K–12 schools and in community colleges as professional counselors. Additionally, our graduates work in a variety of settings providing counseling and leadership in public and private sectors in hospitals, counseling clinics, criminal justice & probation, higher education, and private counseling. Graduates also can continue on to pursue certification in school psychology, licensure as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, or seek a PhD.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Counseling
- Introduction to Educational Research
- Appraisal Procedures in Counseling
- Human Development for Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Counseling and Guidance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 894 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- $70 Application fee
- Prior college transcripts (unofficial accepted)
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university;
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Current Negative TB Skin test
- California teaching credential Certificate of Clearance
- Program admissions portfolio
International14726 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14726 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.