These programs will give students the tools to build inclusive communities of families and colleagues. Students learn to be effective communicators, informed decision-makers, advocates for students, leaders and change agents, scholars, and mediators of diversity.
Chapman University has been approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) to offer special education credential programs (i.e., Education Specialist Preliminary Credential Programs) in the areas of mild/moderate, moderate/severe, and a joint multiple subject and mild/moderate credential. The Education Specialist Programs prepare candidates to serve as special education teachers in K-12 public schools in inclusive, learning centers, and when necessary, special day class settings.
Program at a Glance
- Students may enroll in the program as either full-time or part-time students.
- Teacher candidates have the option to pursue an Education Specialist Credential (mild/moderate, moderate/severe, or mild/moderate and moderate/severe), an MA in Special Education with an embedded Education Specialist Credential, or an MA in Special Education without obtaining a teaching credential.
- All courses are held in the later afternoon and evening to accommodate working individuals.
- Small class sizes and low student-to-faculty ratio
- Early field experiences to connect coursework to student teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teacher education
- Education in K-12
- Clinical experience
- Action research and performance assessments
- Responsive pedagogy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 727 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Submit an online application
- Statement of Intent (prompt can be found within the online application)
- Current resume
- Official transcripts from all degree-granting colleges/universities attended
- Submit passing score on the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
- Two letters of recommendation
- $60 application fee
International31950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.