The mission of the Teaching Elementary and credential programs at Chapman University is to prepare reflective teachers who use integrated, developmentally appropriate, and critical pedagogies and are ready to collaborate within diverse educational communities.
MAT Elementary Education
The MAT Elementary Education program allows candidates to obtain both a Multiple Subject (MS) Credential, with an option for a bilingual Spanish/English emphasis, and a master’s degree through an integrated program of coursework, fieldwork, and student research. This program is targeted to individuals who wish to begin their teaching careers with both a teaching credential and a master’s degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Literacy and Learning: Teaching of Reading
- Elementary Teaching & Learning in Diverse Classrooms: Investigating and Designing Transformative Learning Environments
- Pedagogies for Social Change
- Human Development and Wellness in Diverse Classrooms
- Teaching English to Emerging Bilingual Students: Ensuring Access and Equity
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 538 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit an online application
- Statement of Intent (prompt can be found within the online application)
- Current resume
- Official transcripts from all degree-granting colleges/universities attended
- Submit passing score on the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
- Submit passing scores on the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) Note: If CSET has not been taken please provide proof of registration for CSET.
- Two letters of recommendation
- $60 application fee
International31950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.