Applications of these techniques are now transforming decision-making throughout business, government, healthcare, and academia. The demand for professionals knowledgeable in this area is projected to grow rapidly in the coming years.
Graduates of the MS in Data Science program will obtain a variety of skills required to analyze large datasets and to develop modeling solutions to support decision making. They will also develop a specialization in either marketing analytics or healthcare analytics. The specialization in healthcare analytics builds upon our division’s undergraduate healthcare informatics major which is now in its fourth year. The program aims to prepare students with the required qualifications to become "data mining analysts/engineers" or "predictive modelers".
- Advanced Managerial Statistics
- Applied Regression and Forecasting Models
- Database System Design and Data Warehousing
- Data Mining and Predictive Modeling
- Computer Visualization Applications
- Operations Research
- Web Data Mining
- Monte Carlo Techniques
- Database Programming
- Decisions in Marketing Management
- Medical and Health Informatics
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 194 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Transcripts from each institution attended must be submitted even if a degree was not conferred.
- A record of scholarly achievement at the undergraduate level.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on the applicant’s academic abilities and potential to succeed in an academically rigorous graduate program.
- Completion of the following undergraduate mathematics course work: Calculus, Probability and Statistics
International1265 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1265 USD per credit and a duration of .
National1265 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1265 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.